Networld Media Group was one of the first major business-to-business publishers to exist wholly in the online world. With focuses on such diverse industries as ATM, retail, mobile payments, self-service technology, vending and the major foodservice verticals, we offer employees a wide variety of career opportunities to participate and thrive in today’s changing media marketplace.
Job Location: Louisville, KY (remote candidates may be considered)
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a business/technology journalist to join our team as the editor of one of our online B2B publications. Essential skills include the ability to break news as well as write longer analytical and feature stories on important industry trends.
If you’re motivated to become the preeminent journalist covering a growing technology industry, we want to talk to you.
- Become intimately familiar with your assigned industry and its many stakeholders
- Cultivate sources and generate feature story ideas
- Research, write and publish at least three news briefs per day
- Research, write and publish at least two features per week
- Seek out and work with external contributors (bloggers) to create additional site content
- Proof and write subject lines for scheduled e-newsletters
- Create posts and engage with readers regularly via LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Participate in digital media, including webinars, podcasts and video interviews
- Participate in live and virtual events produced by Networld Media Group
- Contribute to special projects, such as premium reports
- Attend industry conferences (as needed)
- Represent Networld Media Group in other media, at industry events, and in other public context
- Work closely with colleagues in multiple coverage areas, including proofing content written by other Networld Media Group editors
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Editor
- A passion for journalism, ideally with demonstrated experience covering business, technology or both
- Excels at developing relationships and trust with contacts and sources
- Ability to prioritize a large volume of writing assignments based on urgency and deadlines
- Ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner, producing content that follows AP Style and typically requires little editing
- General understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how to write SEO-driven headlines and content
- Must be social media savvy and possess thorough grasp of the use of social media for audience engagement
- Proficient public speaker who is at ease speaking to an audience at live events, on webinars and on podcasts
- Proficiency in the tools of digital publishing, including a content management system (CMS)
- 401(k) with company matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
We strive hard to create a team-oriented, positive work environment that rewards all employees for their contributions. We believe that a successful work-family balance is key to employee productivity. Training new employees is top priority including team member mentoring to help you succeed.
To apply for this position, please provide:
- Current resume
- Cover letter highlighting your unique qualifications for this position and salary requirements
- Links to your LinkedIn profile and any other social media presence you use professionally
- Links to three or more recently published stories
- Three professional references we may contact today
Send the above to Sandy Prendergast at email@example.com.
Events Services Manager
The Events Services Manager, who reports to the VP of Events and works alongside the Events Manager, is responsible for helping the Events team carry out all logistics needed to make each event a success.
This position also carries a dotted line responsibility to the business marketing services department where you will assist in fulfilling monthly client obligations via promotion, enewsletter distribution and other services. Full training offered.
Specifically, the ESM will be responsible for the following at physical/virtual events and within the office. Some responsibilities may vary depending on event type and tasks.
- Oversee the registration process for all events, which includes onsite management as well as report running and managing online processes using Cvent.
- Manage and communicate with attendees and speakers including scheduling and customer service as required.
- Attend each event and participate as a member of the events team to ensure a successful product.
- Update mobile app as needed.
- Help the Events director prepare, pack and tear down for each event.
- Work alongside entire team to provide overall customer satisfaction for any challenges that arise along the way at events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with assigned advertising and summit partners
- Execute and monitor performance of digital campaigns, (websites, email newsletters, videos, and other digital products)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience
- Organized, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and know how to prioritize
- Effective communication
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Design software programs such as Photoshop
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team supporting events, marketing, sales, editorial and audience development within the entire media organization a requirement.
- Travel (25%) is required.
Clients are our number #1 priority.
For consideration, please send resume to Sandy Prendergast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No openings available at this time.
Thanks for your interest in Networld Media Group! While there are no specific openings at this time, we are always interested in hearing from qualified candidates that may fit our future needs.
Please continue to check our careers page for opportunities. We look forward to reviewing your resume when a relevant position comes available!
For general employment consideration, please contact Sandy Prendergast, VP of Personnel and Administration at email@example.com or
502.241.7545, ext. 102.