Networld Media Group was one of the first major business-to-business publishers to exist wholly in the online world. With focuses on such diverse industries as ATM, retail, mobile payments, self-service technology and the major foodservice verticals, we offer employees a wide variety of career opportunities to participate and thrive in today’s changing media marketplace.
For general employment consideration, please contact Sandy Prendergast, VP of Personnel and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or
502.241.7545, ext. 102.
- Help Launch new events
- Attend Events and perform on-site as needed (logistics, attendee and sponsor relations)
- Procure and work with speakers on relevant topics and content for event agenda
- Strategize inner workings of sponsorship packages with Publisher
- Shipping, setup, teardown and ordering additional supplies if needed
- Research and assist in the selection of event locations and vendors for all aspects of the event
- Coordinate with hotels and other venues for meeting space, room setups, food & beverage, audio/visual, etc.
- Budget reporting with regard to event suppliers
- Coordinate and work with all vendors for specific summits as tasked:
- Maintain task list to events with deadline dates and person(s) responsible
- Maintain floor plan
- Process and execute Sponsor IOs
- Create registration codes
- Send info
- Table selection
- Get Moderator name for session
- Solidify brain exchange topic, facilitator and set up orientation call
- Send session video link (Gold)
- Schedule interview for video sponsor
- Perform ongoing audit of all event websites for current information
- Maintain summit budget spreadsheets
- Communicate/correspond with sponsors
Who we need
The payments editor position oversees all aspects of Worldofmoney.com and ATMmarketplace.com. We are seeking a journalist who has at least five years of experience writing in the B2B space, covering complex subjects related to payments, fintech, the ATM industry and general business knowledge.
In addition, we need to talk if you:
- Are a multi-disciplinarian who gets the holistic approach to modern, online journalism and will participate in growing the site from all perspectives
- Possess the initiative to come up with original story ideas and is able to meet specific deadlines.
- Are comfortable in front of cameras and on stage speaking about the payments industry.
- Can articulate complex concepts clearly and in an engaging manner.
- Produce copy that follows AP Style and typically requires little editing including the ability to write SEO-driven headlines.
What you’ll do
- Become intimately familiar with the complex business model of payments and the many stakeholders who play a part in it.
- Post several news briefs per day and three longer feature stories per week.
- Engage regularly with the readership community, including interacting via in-site and social media, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Build relationships that help further the editorial and business aims of the site.
- Attend and report from industry events as well as help lead the evolution of our Bank Customer Experience Summit.
- Assist the VP of Editorial on a weekly basis by writing content for NMG’s other sites as needed.
- Set up interviews and host podcasts and webinars as needed, while learning new content platforms as the market dictates.
- Copy edit a fellow editor’s work on a daily basis.
- Work with Sales and Marketing team as needed.
Our company culture
We strive hard to create a team-oriented, positive work environment that rewards all employees for their contributions. We believe that a successful work—family balance is key to employee productivity. Training new employees is top priority including team member mentoring to help you succeed.
Your next step: Send the following to Sandy Prendergast, senior vice president of human resources, at email@example.com
- Cover letter with brief description of why you are the only person we should consider for this position.
- Full resume.
- Salary requirements.
- LinkedIn and Twitter URLs, and any other professional online presence germane to our consideration.
- Links to three or more recently published stories.
- Three professional references we may contact today.
Louisville-based online publisher Networld Media Group is seeking an aggressive, self-motivated individual to join our organization. Your job will be to develop new business, manage existing customer relationships, follow up on in-bound leads, and close deals over the telephone or in person. Some trade show travel is required.
You will sell a range of products from advertising, lead generation and executive-level summits to custom publishing and other services within a full online portfolio.
As a sales-driven organization, we will provide you with a steady flow of qualified leads, top-notch sales support and management, as well as a never-ending stream of sales collateral and promotional materials to help you sell.
Our media properties are well established and have delivered results for hundreds of clients over the past fourteen years. Our sites include market reach into retail, payments, technology and food. Our executive summit portfolio includes the Fastcasual Executive Summit, a leader in the foodservice industry.
Previous online media experience is required.
This position offers a base salary plus commission. A full benefit package includes health insurance, matching 40lk, paid vacations and much more.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Networld Media Group! While there are no specific openings at this time, we are always interested in hearing from qualified candidates that may fit our future needs.
Please continue to check our careers page for opportunities. We look forward to reviewing your resume when a relevant position comes available!