Networld Media Group was one of the first major business-to-business publishers to exist wholly in the online world. With focuses on such diverse industries as ATM, retail, mobile payments, self-service technology, vending and the major foodservice verticals, we offer employees a wide variety of career opportunities to participate and thrive in today’s changing media marketplace.
Who we need
The payments editor position oversees all aspects of ATMmarketplace.com and is the point person for Worldofmoney.com, a daily round up of news covering the fintech industry. We are seeking a journalist who has at least five years of experience writing in the B2B space, covering complex subjects related to payments, fintech, the ATM industry and general business knowledge.
In addition, we need to talk if you:
- Are a multi-disciplinarian who gets the holistic approach to modern, online journalism and will participate in growing the site from all perspectives
- Possess the initiative to come up with original story ideas and is able to meet specific deadlines.
- Are comfortable in front of cameras and on stage speaking about the payments industry.
- Can articulate complex concepts clearly and in an engaging manner.
- Produce copy that follows AP Style and typically requires little editing including the ability to write SEO-driven headlines.
What you’ll do
- Become intimately familiar with the complex business model of payments and the many stakeholders who play a part in it.
- Post several news briefs per day and three longer feature stories per week for ATM Marketplace.
- Create the copy for WOM two days a week and edit it the three days pers week that other editors write it.
- Engage regularly with the readership community, including interacting via in-site and social media, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Build relationships that help further the editorial and business aims of the site.
- Attend and report from industry events as well as help lead the evolution of our ATM and Mobile Executive Summit.
- Assist the VP of Editorial on a weekly basis by writing and editing content for NMG’s other sites as needed.
- Set up interviews and host podcasts and webinars as needed, while learning new content platforms as the market dictates.
- Copy edit a fellow editor’s work on a daily basis.
Work with Sales and Marketing team as needed.
Our company culture
We strive hard to create a team-oriented, positive work environment that rewards all employees for their contributions. We believe that a successful work-family balance is key to employee productivity. Training new employees is top priority including team member mentoring to help you succeed.
Your next step: Send the following to Sandy Prendergast, senior vice president of human resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with brief description of why you are the only person we should consider for this position.
- Full resume.
- Salary requirements.
- LinkedIn and Twitter URLs, and any other professional online presence germane to our consideration.
- Links to three or more recently published stories.
- Three professional references we may contact today.
No openings available at this time.
Thank you for your interest in Networld Media Group! While there are no specific openings at this time, we are always interested in hearing from qualified candidates that may fit our future needs.
Please continue to check our careers page for opportunities. We look forward to reviewing your resume when a relevant position comes available!
For general employment consideration, please contact Sandy Prendergast, VP of Personnel and Administration at email@example.com or
502.241.7545, ext. 102.